Saturday, August 13, 2011

Random thoughts-August 13, 2011

It is cloudy and very cool today. It's fabulous. To use Derrick's words, he and I are going to have some mom/son bonding time while he cans pickles and okra and I am his sous chef. * One TV weather person said the heat of the summer is over. For each 30 minutes of daylight lost, the high for the day drops 2°. On the same day, another weatherman said next week will be the hottest temps Colorado has seen to date. The only thing I am sure about is that one of them will be wrong. * We had dinner at On The Border last night with Derrick and 6 of his friends. We had a wonderful time. I wonder if they know how good it makes us feel that they want us old folks around? One of his friends has been jokingly calling me "mom". I call him my adopted son but tend to disown him when he gets carried away. He is one of the funniest younger people I've ever been around. * When we all got back from dinner we stayed outside and talked for a very long time. I happened to look up and see two objects moving in the gorgeous night sky. They were very high up and were definitely not airplanes. They were not UFOs, that's for sure. They were definitely in orbits. We all think they were satellites. Is that possible? If so, did somebody see us outside laughing our heads off? * Tomorrow is Sunday. I wish all of you a very restful day. Whatever weather you like and prefer, I wish that for you also.

No comments:

Post a Comment