Monday, February 27, 2012

Great Music-February 27, 2012

I have not been blogging lately because there was nothing to blog about. We have had only one beautiful day since we got here, then there were 3 or 4 so-so days and the rest were blah, blah, blah. You didn't want to hear that did you? But tonight is worth sharing. We went to the Raindrops & Boondocks concert in Gulf Shores. Raindrops is B J Thomas and Boondocks is Billy Joe Royal. I asked Jerry as people were coming in where on earth did all those old people come from? It was unbelievable. Billy Joe was first to sing. I gasped when he walked on stage. He looked awful and he looked very very ill. He can still sing. But he could barely walk across the stage. At one point he was holding his chest and trying to breathe. Jerry said, "I hope somebody on the front row knows CPR. He's not going to make it". But he did. He lasted about 45 minutes. After a 10 minute intermission where everybody (not us) had to get coffee because they were up past their bedtime, B J came on. He has aged. Say it ain't so! But can that man ever sing. His voice is better than ever and is still just as unique as it always has been. He sang 3 Christian songs, all A capela. It was just unbelievable. B J was even gracious when a snowbird ran to the edge of the stage and asked for an autograph right in the middle of band member introductions. Well, golly, if I had known that I would have pulled out some of my albums and had him sign mine, too!! No, I would not have done that. Way too rude for me. We had such a good time. And it was such a welcome break in all the dismal weather which is supposed to continue through Sunday. It will clear up for sure the say we leave. Such is life! I can still hear Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head..........

No comments:

Post a Comment