Thursday, April 5, 2012

Amarillo, TX-April 5, 2012

First, I need to apologize to the state of Texas for calling their state flower a Blue Bonnet. It is a bluebonnet. Sorry. They are supposed to be blue, but they do vary depending on soil and weather conditions. I was starting to worry about my color pitch because all I could see was purple. We arrived in Amarillo mid afternoon today. It is hot and dry with only a tiny breeze. We have settled in and are planning what we want to see in the upcoming days. We've already seen 3 AWACS planes fly over so we must be in somebody's flight path. We hope they do not fly at night! I want to share with you only one picture today. It is a Texas Rest Area. As you can see it is not what you see in most states. We only stopped to make a sandwich for lunch. I just had to take a picture. Do you believe it?

Texas Rest Area

No comments:

Post a Comment