Friday, May 18, 2012

Still in OKC-May 18 ,2012

When we got up this morning we realized we were just too tired to move on down the road, so
we stayed another day. We went out for a late lunch. Think carefully and see if you can guess where we went. ON THE BORDER!!! By now you have to know how much we love that place. We had a great lunch but more fun afterward. There was a lady diagonal from us who had the most beautiful red purse I have ever seen. I could not take my eyes off of it. She got up to go to the restroom just as we were leaving. I asked Jerry to wait a minute. When she returned I told her that she got back just in time as I was going to grab her beautiful red bag and leave mine in it's place. We all laughed. She got it at Dillards so I am sure it was a handbag, not a purse. It was just stunning. If I thought I could have afforded one I would have gone to the mall across the street and bought me one. Instead we went to Target! No red purses there. When we came out the wind was so bad we could hardly walk to the car. It was just unbelievable, so we skipped going downtown to see the 1995 bombing memorial. I can't believe it has been that long, but it has. We were in downtown a year before that. We saw the capital and we saw the Murrah building. So, when that awful thing happened we knew exactly where it was. There are no words to tell you how Oklahoma City has grown since then. They have 10 lane interstates (5 in each direction) that probably weren't even dreams back then. This is a huge city, nothing like the little western city it used to be. Plus whatever speed limit is posted, that appears to be the minimum!

No comments:

Post a Comment