Monday, June 25, 2012

Wow, it's HOT-June 25, 2012


Why this park is called Deer Park

A dear deer

They are everywhere. There are some wild turkeys, too, but we have not seen them yet. I think it's too hot. We went downtown today and walked a little. We were originally going to Crazy Woman Canyon but we took too long for lunch. We can do that tomorrow. I need to read more about why it it called Crazy Woman Canyon. When we came back home the deer, three of them, were having lunch behind our coach. I tried walking closer. The deer heard me, lifted their heads but did not run, so I stopped and walked away. I do not intend to upset them. It is truly very, very hot though, thankfully, the humidity is not high. Everything is dry and dusty. It was hot here last year also but that was in August. This is not typial June weather. Every place we have been really needs some rain. The problem is that it comes in spurts and in such volume that it does not do much good. We'll pray for cooler weather tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment