Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Things-June 11, 2013

I have not had time to post like I wanted to, so I'll try to catch up now. As hot as it is, we still have snow capped mountains to look at. It is not every year that we can see this much snow this time of year. It was 100° yesterday and so far today it is 99°. The wind is strong and it's a hot dry wind. Still we can see this.

 
Today as we headed to Loveland for lunch with dear friends, Ed and Mary K, I wondered out loud why the sky was so hazy. Now we know. There are a number of fires burning in the state with the biggest one being in Black Forest, close to Colorado Springs. We just watched live as a multi million dollar mansion burned to the ground. I am horrified and I'm sick at my stomach. Please pray for all in the path of these gigantic flames. I hope this is not a summer of fires. It is such a helpless feeling to watch and have no way to help. Even the helicopters are having trouble flying in this wind.
There's also a fire burning in Rocky Mountain National Park which is in this northern part of the state. I hope this state doesn't burn up.
Due to the wind Jerry and I went out and put brown paper around some of the tender plants in Derrick's garden. The wind sort of pulled the air out of our lungs. We were glad we could help while he was at work.
Tomorrow night we babysit while Hannah's parents go to a Rockies game.
We opened our front door a couple of minutes ago and could barely breathe. This is going to be a rough ride. I hope the fires are out quickly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment