Saturday, November 8, 2014

A quick trip-November 8, 2014

First please let me apologize to my Mother that she will probably read this before I can call her. We got home too late tonight to call. I'll call you on the way out of town if traffic is not too bad.

For the next few days here, let me show you the projected highs and lows. Starting with tomorrow: 71/36, 52/16, 27/9 with snow, 16/4 with snow, 25/10, 33/13, 31/4, 28/6, 31/11. We have been in temps as low as 17 degrees at night but warm during the day. We see no conceivable way we can stay in here with only an inch of Styrofoam surrounding us with a high of 16 during the day and as low as 4 at night. We are parked where the north wind would not bother us, but the cold still creeps in. These land barges are fair weather birds just as we are. After following the Canadian cold front dropping in on us for a week, we have finally come to our senses and figured out we need to get out of Dodge for a couple of days. Well, a week actually. We do not like to travel on Sunday but there are no options. We will go spend a week in Albuquerque and return when the weather warms. We will definitely be back here before Dec 1st. It has been emotional for us to make this decision, but at least our common sense won out. You may ask why Albuquerque? Because I finally learned to spell it without having to look it up!!

Therefore we went out to eat tonight with Hannah and her family. When we got to their house and we were saying our good-byes, I bent down to hug her and she touched my cheek and said, "You stay here." How I held myself together I'll never know. So I can assure you, God willing, we will be back here as soon as possible.

If we find anything fun and new in Albuquerque, you know I will post it. However, we have explored there before and we doubt there is anything new. However, their weather is definitely projected to be quite decent. We will just hunker down and hope time passes quickly.

I would be most appreciative of a prayer for our safety. We are quite unsettled about leaving though we know we have no choice.

I do hope you have a peaceful and quiet Sunday. And I hope the cold weather misses you.

No comments:

Post a Comment