Friday, November 21, 2014

Making progress-November 21, 2014

We made it to Colorado City today very easily. There were no storms and no wind. It was partly cloudy which is always helpful.

I thought I would share a few pictures with you. In random order......................

This is a mackerel sky I spotted on Thursday. I was driving on I-40
while taking the picture. Jerry was in the passenger seat turning ashen
and holding his breath.
 
This walkway goes across I-40. It's not unusual for a walkway to
go across an interstate, but the metal sculptures seem odd to me.
Sometimes I think they look like free form dinosaurs.
 
 
And this metal sculpture which appears to be either
stainless steel or chrome is along side the highway.
It is built like a totem pole but has Hispanic symbols
on it. It must be really tall because this is an elevated
portion of the road.
 
I-25 in northern New Mexico. I have wondered many times why
they didn't go around this huge pile of rocks instead of blasting
a hole through it. All of the land around this is as flat as can be.
This just sticks up in the middle of nowhere like a blister on one's nose.
 
I didn't realize I was holding the phone crooked. This is on the top
of Raton Pass. The snow is still there from a week ago. I don't think
it will be melting any time soon. All along this part of the route there
was evidence that mag chloride had been sprayed to keep the road
from being icy during that snow storm. We are happy we missed that.
 
Jerry said going up Raton Pass is not bad. It's going down that is wild and harrowing. The road drops 1800 feet at a 6% grade. It really is something. And it's much more adventurous in a coach than a car. But we made it!
 
Tomorrow we have the thrill of going through Denver on a Saturday. That's always such a treat.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment