Wednesday, November 19, 2014

What to do-November 19, 2014

We both have developed OCD trying to keep up with the changing weather forecasts. We follow the predictions when two different people say the same thing. Having said that, our plans to stay another week are going to be cut short. High winds are moving into every part of our route starting on Sunday. Therefore we have decided to leave on Friday and head back. If the weather keeps changing our plans will do the same. We just don't like the wind.

The nights have been cold here, but most of the days are quite nice. It's not humid so the cold is more tolerable. We are warmer than most of Colorado. Most of the country is suffering with this Arctic front so we certainly cannot complain.

We have a fabulous lunch today at Nexus. It is not close to us, but it had such great reviews we hated to pass it up. The service was unreal and the food was phenomenal. I ordered red beans and rice which is one of my most favorite foods. However, this dish was too hot for me to eat. Jerry can eat it but I could not. The waiter said I would not be charged for the dish and I told him I most certainly would be. It was not their fault. I should have asked if it was spicy. So he charged me and then gave me a gift certificate for a free entrĂ©e on our next visit. Restaurants just don't do things like that these days. When we get back in this direction we most certainly will eat here again. Excellent!

Everybody stay warm!

Will keep you posted on our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment