Sunday, April 14, 2019

Ethel M's-April 14, 2019

This page of the blog is either going to be too big to post or I will have to cover two days with it. The pictures are so pretty it's hard to leave any out.


So who is Ethel M? Ethel Mars. As in Mars Candy Co, maker of so many of our favorite candies, including M&Ms. Forest Mars, Sr, started Ethel M's in 1981. Ethel was the name of Forest's mother. They manufacture a line of exquisite candies not sold to the mass markets and grocery stores. I cannot tell you how good it is. We have always and will always go to Ethel M's every time we are in Vegas.

But the unusual thing about Ethel M's is the Cactus Garden. There are 300 types of cactus in the garden and it is so beautifully maintained the pictures don't look real. Trust me, this is one of the prettiest sites in the Vegas area.

 
I am about to see how many pictures I am allowed to post.
 
 
We were a few days too early to see the colorful blooms.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Ethel M's is in the flight path of the airport. So every couple of minutes
an interesting plane flies over. This one is a Southwest.
 
Ocotillo.
 
 
 
Sometimes interesting things happen in a garden. I will enlarge the following picture as much as possible in case you don't believe me.
Look closely. It's none other than Elvis!! I had spilled watermelon on my blouse when we stopped for lunch right before going to Ethel M's. Otherwise, I would have made a fool of myself over this hunk of burning love! This guy was a good looking impersonator. At first I thought maybe they were filming a promo or commercial. But then we saw a bride and her father. I would assume Elvis was going to sing at her wedding. Lucky girl. This was the frosting on the cake of what was a wonderful day. Weddings take place in this garden often. And why not? It's a beautiful place.
 
I have chosen to end here for fear of boring you with all the cactus. But I will post two more pictures of the production line at Ethel M's.
 
 
 
Thank you for your patience in allowing me to share this very special place. I hope you get to see it in person one day.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment