Saturday, April 6, 2019

Onward to Las Vegas-April 6, 2019

Looking back on the pictures taken in the last two days I wish I could have had you all with me. Picture do not show the beauty of what we have seen. I am fearful you will get tired of looking at so much scenery, but please bear with me. I really want to share this. We have seen God's handiwork at its finest. We have seen eons of time etched in rock formations. I defy anyone to look at what we have seen and try to deny that God created this beauty. No man could have done so. Most of the time our mouths were open gasping at what we were seeing.

I will post as many as I can, some without explanation.

 
Looks like elephant hide to me.
 
Downhill was as steep as it looks. Again, we were so happy we
were not in the motor home.
 
The speed limit sign reads 80.
 
Looking at the size of the vehicles will help you understand
how big this unusual rock formation is.
 
I found this curve to be a tiny bit claustrophobic.
 
The other side of the road was down to one lane due to......
a rock slide.
 
The sign on the right says "Watch for falling rocks". I say those
signs should not be allowed. Don't make me any more
anxious than I already am.
 
 
 
Pretty colors.
 
So I have a theory. One night there were four guys in a bar during happy hour. One guy says to the others, "Hey, I've got some free dynamite. Let's go blast us a road through those mountains to the west."  After a few more rounds of drinks, off they go. Nobody in their right mind would try to tackle building a nice road through these massive rocks. Seriously.
 
It is a sight to behold. It's so massive and so colorful and the history in those rocks boggles my mind. What a trip!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment