Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Hot-April 9, 2014

Before I complain about the heat, I have an update on Kenna Rose. She was up today and walking assisted slightly. And she was smiling her beautiful smile. No complaints. The doctor said when she walks to the end of the hall unassisted she can go home. I'm here to tell you that prayers do indeed get answered! We are all so thankful for everything.

Now, it was so hot today we did not feel human. We have not been in this kind of heat in quite a while so we have to get adjusted. It will probably take the rest of the week to understand that summer is officially here.

We only had enough energy to walk a little and we are used to walking a lot. Maybe tomorrow we will get our energy back and we can walk a bunch or at least stand out in the sun without gasping for air!

Now for a confession. I was wrong. Oh my, I was wrong! How that hurts! I made the stupid mistake of listening to television news readers. Some people call them news anchors. They are merely readers. And I listened to the ones here in LV who firmly stated the High Roller/Linq was not a Ferris wheel but instead it was an observation wheel. So, in the middle of the night it dawned on me to research the difference. There is technically none. Right now, the High Roller/Linq observation wheel is the tallest Ferris wheel in the world. Speed of rotation makes the definition slightly different. The Linq is very slow, taking 30 minutes for one rotation. Ferris wheels like you see at a state fair go much faster and generally are composed of a chair in between two wheels. Whatever. I read until I was tired of reading. And then I was annoyed that I believed what they said here. I stand corrected. Both the news readers in Las Vegas and in Denver were correct. I hate it when that happens! You can bet I won't lose any more sleep over this issue. But I would ride the Linq again!

No comments:

Post a Comment