Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ice and lots of it-January 28, 2014

We are covered in ice and have been all day. But at least we knew about it coming. My family and friends in Alabama were not prepared. I feel so bad about that. My brother and his wife are sheltered at a medical clinic somewhere on the south end of Birmingham. My niece's husband is sheltered at a fire station. Trust me, they will all love him and everyone will have a great time. I'm still waiting on an update from friends whose daughter and granddaughter are still not home as I type this. We knew here in Texas day before yesterday that Birmingham was going to be blasted, but the Birmingham forecasters could not read it in their bulletins from the National Weather Service. How sad. And depressing. I hope and pray everybody makes it home safely. They are experiencing a mess of huge proportions caused by human error. I just can't tell you how sorry I am they are going through this.

My prayers are with all of you.
 
We have been checking the weather here all day and also following weather at our next two stops. We believe we see an open window so we can safely get out of here tomorrow.
 
There have been more than half a dozen birds to hit the coach today. At least they are doing that on full tummies. The amount of food they are consuming is shocking. Bless the man next door who keeps filling up his bird feeders.
 
I know tomorrow will be a better day for everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment