Friday, January 10, 2014

More great food-January 10, 2014


 
I promised last night there would not be a sunset picture tonight. I kept my word but only because it's raining.
 
Poche's Market, Restaurant and Smokehouse. You may add to that Poche's Bridge, Country Club, RV Park and Fish-N-Camp. It's a big family that's been around here for a long time.
 
We had lunch here after getting our errands completed. This is as close to a perfect Cajun meal as there is on earth. Everything is very flavorful and nothing is so hot it brings tears to your eyes. We decided that once we leave here we will not eat Cajun food again until we return year next year or so. Therefore we are getting our fill. Jerry had crawfish etouffee and I had chicken-sausage gumbo. They tossed a biscuit on the side of mine and it was fabulous. It was a homemade baking powder biscuit and it brought back such good memories from my childhood. It was so yummy. But then our entire meal was excellent. We might eat here again before we leave.
 
And for some unknown reason we had running water when we got home. I successfully washed a load of clothes. I just didn't want to get so far behind I'd never be caught up again. How I can empathize with those people in West Virginia who have the contaminated water. I am very grateful to have water for now. And our ice maker works again. Happy day! 
 
Wish we could share some of this wonderful food with you! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment