Wednesday, March 5, 2014

NASCAR parade-March 5, 2014

You will think I'm nuts, but the NASCAR hauler parade was so much fun. We had a great time and are so glad we went to the Strip to see it. It's very hard to explain and it was tough trying to watch and take pictures at the same time. Plus some brute of a guy decided to take a movie while holding his camera above my head. So, I was trapped by his arms and did not dare turn around or I'd be in his armpits. I thought it rude of him but did not want to make a scene. The good part is that the parade started right on time and the police were on top of what they needed to do. These trucks carrying the race cars for Saturday's and Sunday's races rolled from South Point all the way to the track.

I almost missed the M&M truck.
 
Kevin Harvick's #4 truck. Most trucks had at
least this many lights on.
 
The Target truck. His lights were terrific.
 
Before the sun went down completely I took a picture of this creature.
This is the MGM lion on the corner of Las Vegas Blvd and Tropicana.
He is quite a majestic creature.
 
This is the Statue of Liberty on the opposite corner from
the lion. I absolutely love this statue. It stirs up an emotion
I cannot identify. I can only imagine how I would feel
if I saw the real one in New York.
 
On our way back to the Cute Red Vehicle in the MGM parking deck,
we stopped by to check on that slot machine that has not paid out a jackpot
in 20+ years. The jackpot has increased $106,000 in 16 days. We
wonder if this machine will ever pay out.
 
We passed Kevin Harvick (see truck above) in the lobby of the MGM Grand. He was just walking through with another guy I could not identify. He did not have guards and he did not have an entourage. Just an ordinary guy, though very small, in town for a little race with a lot of money at stake.
 
We both took videos of the parade with mine being much shorter than Jerry's. It is going to be a real challenge for me to move it from iPhones to this blog. I'll start working on it. What I want you to hear are the horns. Oh my goodness, the horns on those trucks were unreal. It seems there has been a real competition to see who has the most uniquely loud horn. And the drivers were not the least bit shy about using them. This was a terrific day and the weather was absolutely perfect.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment