Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Windy, oh my-March 26, 2014

I cannot find a word to describe how windy it was today. In spite of that we knew we could not stay here all day and listen to it howl. So, down the road we went. As we were walking around, a little lady in front of us reached in her purse and pulled out a plastic item. I thought for a split second it was one of those rain bonnets ladies wore when I was little. No, it was not. It was, are ready for this?, a Wal Mart bag! She snapped it open and promptly placed it on top of her head using the handles on each side to hold it in place. The wind immediately pumped it up like a bubble. We looked at each other and tried so hard to contain ourselves. We practically jogged past her. Neither of us has ever seen a Wal Mart bag on somebody's head. Even driving back we were still laughing. When I got home I started naming off the unusual bags I could use. I would never use a Wal Mart bag, but how would I look with a Kohl's bag or an H.E.B. bag on my head? I am sorry that this was so funny. Perhaps we were so happy to be out of the coach that anything would have been funny to us. Or perhaps it is something we will never forget. So sorry I could not take a picture of that sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment