Saturday, March 8, 2014

Stunned and speechless-March 8, 2014

To save a lot of typing, please take my word for it that electricity is very expensive in Las Vegas. So, it is more economically feasible for all of us here to use the laundry rooms on site. So, today I was sitting outside the laundry room reading while my clothes were doing their thing. I went inside to move them to the dryer and a lady came in and asked if I had seen her coin purse that contained her laundry room quarters? I told her no I had not. She then said "I'm not sure what I did with it. My husband died last night and I am not thinking clearly". Excuse me? What did you say? She repeated it and my brain stalled in the middle of the intersection. I went through the usual condolences and she was fine. I scrambled to figure out a way to handle this conversation. Then the right words seemed to come to me. She said she told her kids not to come from Wisconsin. She and her husband had no friends here though they have been living here for over 3 years. She said there was no need for a service, so her kids did not need to make the trip. I have to tell you this was one of the weirdest conversations I have ever had anywhere much less in a park laundry room. When I left I told her I would pray for her and she thanked me. Such an upsetting trip to the laundry room makes me not want to go anymore.

Don't forget to change your clocks. And do take time to smell the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment