Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Free at last!-December 11, 2013

We escaped from Red Bay this morning. What a relief. It will take us a day to realize our lives have returned to normal. And the sun was shining when we arrived. We could open the door and windows. We could walk around outside without coats. It's complete shock to our systems right now. But we love it! The pomegranate tree is outside. It has been without sun for so long it really looks ill.

As we were taking the coach back to the paint and body shop to have the ladder reattached, the heavy frost that covered the top started blowing off. The sun was shining through and from my view in the Cute Red Vehicle, the coach was surrounded by a cloud of silver mist. It sparkled like diamonds. I reached for my camera and realized it was in the coach. So was my phone. That meant I could not take a picture of this stunning sight and I am so sorry. It was just extraordinary.

The drive here was pleasant enough. A man in the service center recommended a different highway to us. We should not have listened. We went through hills and hollows with woods so thick they are probably hiding very deep secrets. If only the trees could talk.

The woods were so thick we thought at first glance this might be a still!
Ok, I am kidding. I'm still trying to find humor so we can get beyond what we have been
through the last 26 days. We were close to being stir crazy.
 
 Let me see if I can explain this to you. When you need a refrigerator repaired, you call someone to come in and do the work. While they are working, you go about your business in your house. You can vacuum, wash clothes or watch TV. In our case, for many days, when a repairman wanted to work in our house, we had to leave our house with him. We had no place to go because there wasn't a place to shop. Red Bay has no form of entertainment and nothing was open beyond 5:00 PM. I'm not complaining. We needed to be there. But it is so different when someone takes your house away to work on it!! It's part of life on the road but it is really an odd feeling when you take your house to someone and leave it in their care. It is, thankfully, done. Or at least we hope it is.
 
I mentioned the pictures that I did not have time to post last night. We went to this unique place and found such nice decorations.
If I had to trim this tree, it would be so funny. I am not artistic.
But the person who did this one has a creative flair.
 
I don't know what this is called. It was hanging from the ceiling, obviously,
and it was very pretty. Not sure how it would be used in a house, but it was still nice.
 
There were two of these hanging and both were made of a type of ribbon.
They were quite unique. Again, I don't know how you would hang this in a house but maybe
if I had room I would give it a try.
 
This was a fun store and we enjoyed walking through it. I think it was called TMI and it was in Belmont, Mississippi. At the very least it put us in the mood for Christmas. 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment