Saturday, June 14, 2014

A Day Off-June 14, 2014

It's flag day and our flag is on the front seat. Shame on us.

We did get a day off today and we tried to take advantage of it. We got some housework done, some cooking, some minor repair jobs and then a little grocery shopping. Nothing exciting. It did rain quite hard after we got back home and everything was unloaded.

We will be going to Derrick's tomorrow for a Father's Day cookout. They are cooking the steaks, though I won't eat one, and I'm cooking everything else. It will be a fun time with Hannah. And hopefully I'll get to hold Zoey. We are taking pitted black olives to show Hannah how to put them on the ends of her fingers and then eat them. We anticipate her parents loving us for that! That's something every little kid needs to know!

On a totally different topic, if you get a minute check your listings and try to catch an episode of the Carbonaro Effect. It is a most entertaining and will make you stop and think how he does what he does. I think it's mostly repeats now, but still worth watching at least one episode. It is considered to be a "magical, hidden camera show". Quite interesting whatever it is.

Also, I hope you have seen the Hyundai Sonata commercial with "I'm a Wild One" as the background music. That little red headed girl in the back seat with the toy steering wheel is so adorable I laugh every time I see that commercial. I envision Hannah doing that one day. She's such a little stinker. It must be the hair!

Enjoy your Sunday tomorrow. Rest and relax.

Most of all, Happy Father's Day to all the great dads out there. I surely do miss mine. He was a wonderful man and a fabulous daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment