Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A few things-June 4, 2014

Tonight on American Pickers Frank and Mike were picking in Birmingham, Alabama. I nearly fell out of my chair when they went to Rocco and Cheaters Speed Shop. Oh my goodness, what memories. If I had a dollar for every time I have been in that shop I would have the beginning of a good savings account. It has been closed for many years, but they found one of the original owners there and he opened up the shop to let them pick. I still cannot believe I saw that. The original display cases were still there. And some of the chrome rims were still there, too. What a delight.

The Cache LaPoudre River is supposedly starting to drop a bit, but there are still only a couple of north/south roads open for all of these thousands of cars to traverse. It's such a mess.

Update on Zoey: Derrick told us today that she weighs almost 7 pounds but the doctor is displeased with how slowly she eats. She gets tired before she gets full. I don't find it odd that she is not a voracious eater. Not all babies are. Nevertheless, they will not release her until they see her eating like she is genuinely hungry. It could be another month. That bothers me a lot. That baby needs to be held and loved. Lying in a hospital baby bed is not the answer. I think she would eat better if she was being picked up and held and rocked and loved. But I'm not a doctor. I said it before and I will say it again, if I typed out all these parents have been told about a newborn, you would think I came from another planet. Plus this is not their first one so they are not new to this line of work. I am very saddened at this news. But it is definitely out of my control.

It was cloudy and cool for most of today, so we played indoors. Maybe tomorrow it will warm up and the sun will come out so we can play outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment