Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Aquarium and more-May 25, 2011

I don't want this to be long but I think it will be. We had quite a day. Several people told us to see the Chattanooga Aquarium. We have seen two or three other Aquariums across the country including the one in Denver where there was a restaurant inside. I bonded with a cute fish that watched me while I ate. I wasn't eating any of his family. I had a salad. Anyway, we had a weak moment and thought we would go. After an unbelievable and frustrating attempt to buy tickets, we finally got ours. The Chattanooga Aquarium is TWO separate aquariums, one  called Ocean Journey and the other called River Journey. We walked for at least 3 hours and I can't estimate how many miles. It was set up beautifully. There were fabulous displays in both buildings. But as far as I am concerned they could have skipped the snake displays. The Tennessee River display had weird banjo music playing. We almost left through an exit! There were some beautiful frogs. The jelly fish display was the most unique of all. They had lights in the bottoms of the tanks that changed colors while some very pretty music was playing. Really nice. There was also a rain forest inside and a butterfly room. The orchids were beautiful. I can't think of enough adjectives to describe the hours spent in those aquariums. It was costly and worth every penny. Then we walked across the street to a Mexican restaurant. Yet another adventure. When we sat down, a fly (yes, that's disgusting) started annoying the daylights out of us. The food came and the fly left. Jerry said we should not eat food that a fly runs away from! I did not eat much after that hilarious statement. So far we are fine. We came all the way back to the park without ever getting back on the interstate. Amazing how wonderful maps are. I'm so sorry for people who rely on GPS. Life is so much more fun when you figure out your own way. We are watching the weather and hoping for the best..........for everybody. What a great day we had. Wish you had been with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment