Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oh my goodness-May 31, 2011

Where do I begin? First of all, 8-10 lanes of traffic in Knoxville caught us off guard. It is also the first city we have been through where the downtown area of the city is only a block off the interstate. Usually downtown is only visible in the distance. I think that's why the traffic was so horrendous. One would question why they built it that way? We passed about a dozen NASCAR trucks headed for the Kansas racetrack for this weekend's race. They are such pretty trucks and so exciting to see. As for our RV park, it is acceptable. The road construction and traffic are not acceptable. It cannot be described in words. Because it is so hot we are going to Smoky Mountain National Park tomorrow in high hopes of finding lower temps. I will say this whole area owes everything to Dolly Partin. She is from Sevierville. I have heard her describe what it was like to grow up here and I can tell you there is no way anybody could have predicted it would take 8-10 lanes to get the cars in and out of here. It was a tiny two lane dirt road when she lived here. Oh my goodness. Wonder what she thinks now? Maybe I should just call her on her cell and ask her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment