Friday, May 20, 2011

Unclaimed Baggage-May 20, 2011

Today we decided to drive to Scottsboro, Alabama. It's just "up the road". And the roads were wonderful. Unclaimed Baggage is the place that gets ALL of the lost airline baggage that does not get connected with its owner. They get 7000 pieces of unclaimed baggage per day. It comes from all of the airlines. You cannot imagine what this place is like unless you have been there. We went there a couple of years ago and had talked about going back since then. It is a fabulous place. They have a great merchandiser and the entire place has been updated and rearranged since we were there. There are some wonderful bargains if you take the time to search. I got a watch today. I had broken my other one. I'm not sure why I now need a watch, but I was lost without one on my arm. Jerry got shorts, shirt and belt. I passed up a brand new Michael Kors handbag for $147.50. It was beautiful but so heavy that it had to have been half a tanned cow. I told Jerry this is the second time I have passed up a nice handbag in that store, so next time, I'm saving my dimes and pennies and I'm going to get a real beauty. A girl's gotta have dreams! It was such a pleasant trip. The weather was very nice. We ate at the Magnolia House as we did last time. Delicious. If you ever get close to Scottsboro, by all means, go there. You just have to see it to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment