Friday, November 8, 2013

Gainesville-November 8, 2013

We made it to Gainesville today. So far we have only found the old part of the city. It is interesting but there are lots of stores missing from that part of town. We need to go back to find the new part of the city. The wind moved in here today. The man next door blamed us for it. It does seem to follow us around. Still it was a pleasant day.

I have been meaning to share with you a plaque on the entrance of the Win Star complex. I love this sign.

Call me weird (and I don't mind) but this sign really affects me. I can feel the pride in these people that this sign reflects. They are the most polite and welcoming people anyone can encounter anywhere. They work hard and are happy to do so. They are extremely proud of their heritage.
 
We are sure that this Chickasaw nation is one of many reasons that Terry Bradshaw settled here. Plus the fact they leave him alone. We feel comfortable here, too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment