Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Guess what?-November 26, 2013

Guess what these are?
They are called sloggers. They are wonderful water resistant shoes I found at the Ace Hardware here in Red Bay. Trust me, it is all one can wear here. The puddles are humongous and you never know what's in the bottom of them if there is a bottom at all. I saw a lady at Subway who had on a red pair, so I asked where she got them and she said they just got in a shipment at Ace and they had tons of them. I waited about a day and a half and they were almost gone. Cheap and they keep one's feet dry. I know, without a doubt, you were waiting with baited breath for me to share a picture of my new shoes with you. So now you have it. Carry on!
 
 
The coach has been completly serviced, all filters replaced and one leaking air bag repaired. It was actually in really good shape considering that has never been done before. We had the chassis serviced twice but not the generator and transmission. We feel much better now. The people at Bay Diesel were exceptionally nice and we had a great conversation with the owner and his wife. I must admit that while Red Bay is lacking in entertainment there are certainly lots of very nice people here.
 
The local grocery store is putting hand written thank you notes in the bags with the groceries. The note is written by the owners thanking every one who shopped there this year. It concludes with the fact that they are there if anybody needs them for any reason. I was stunned and touched that any owners would take the time to do that.
 
I will confess I had my first sausage gravy biscuit this morning. I have had biscuits and gravy when I was younger, but never with sausage in it. I don't even like sausage, but I loved that biscuit. The country life of Red Bay must be growing on me.
 
Cold wind and rain continue. At least it's not ice and snow.
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment