Saturday, November 23, 2013

Interesting barn-November 23, 2013

We got the new carpet in the bedroom today. The work had to be done off site, so we met the installer at a gigantic barn on the property of a man who raises horses. As the work began I started walking around the barn. We could have put six or more of our coaches in that barn so there was lots of room to explore. Here are some things that caught my eye.

This bassinette appears to be hand made. It was so sweet. At first glace I ignored the junk inside.
 
Then I saw this.
A very old picture of Shirley Temple. And it's autographed.
 
 
A two burner coal burning stove.
 
 
Jerry had to move an ATV for me to get a picture of this sign.
Apparently Tammy was born in this area.
 
Then I bundled up, gritted my teeth against the nasty cold and went outside to take pictures of the horses. I am not an equine expert, but I can tell you these were some really good looking creatures.
 
 
These horses really are pretty. The little black critter is not a guard dog. 
 
It is an adorable little horse that's not as big as that bale of hay. I am sure
it qualifies to be called a miniature.
 
 
This good looking horse was all alone. It was so gentle and sweet.
Jerry came out and joined me in petting this lovable creature.
We were sorry we didn't have carrots on hand to feed it.
 
We were very late getting home but that's fine. At least the carpet is all done and we are very pleased with it. It is brutally cold so we are just doing our best to stay warm. Wind chills will be in the single digits with sleet falling by Monday. How did we miscalculate this trip so badly? We are fair weather people! It appears that water may be turned back on in this park by Dec 1st. Our pump is working better and we are adjusting to drawing water differently.
 
Enjoy your Sunday. Stay warm and dry. 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment