Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sunset on the Mississippi-November 14, 2013

Today was a busy but fun day. We knew we had been to the Civil War battlefield before. It took almost an entire day to go through it, so we were not up to doing that again. So, we made our first stop a Kroger store for some fruit. And guess what we found there? BUNNY BREAD!! Oh my we were dancing in the aisle! We were so excited we actually drove back to the coach and ate a piece of fresh, soft delicious Bunny bread. In the middle of the morning. Plain bread. And we just loved it. Then we decided to see where a new road went. Somehow we ended up on the opposite end of town which was fun. We knew they have revitalized downtown. New streets, new store fronts, etc. Sadly it appeared to be a failure because almost all of the stores were empty and/or boarded up. Then we drove around looking for the Annabelle Bed and Breakfast where we stayed once several years ago. We found it and it is still in business. We had a really fun time exploring. There's a lot of history to explore here.

Now changing the subject, I could not resist yet another sunset picture. There is such beauty in a sunset over the Mississippi River. It's just special.

The American flag is just the frosting on the cake for me. I think I probably posted exactly the same picture last year, but I can't help it. I love this sunset.
 
 
And changing the subject one more time, I want to share a picture Derrick texted to me last night.
 
This is him helping his crew. They are so far behind and he needs to learn about the gigantic turbines, so he rode up in one and got into the hub. That's the room that holds the engine. It's about the size of half of Derrick's house. The person taking the picture is actually inside the hub and Derrick is between two of the blades. After I got beyond the nausea caused by this picture I realized how brave he is. He has never liked heights though it was a part of his previous job also. While this is not part of his job description I am proud he was willing to help. It does make for an interesting picture but still strikes fear in my heart. However, he is really happy so that helps me a lot.
 
We have decided on our route and should be in Red Bay on Saturday morning "The Good Lord willin' and the Creek don't rise" as the old saying goes. I always thought that the word creek meant water but it actually referred to the Creek Indians. I'll keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment