Monday, November 11, 2013

Shreveport, LA-November 11, 2013

First, please accept my apologies for not posting a blog this morning regarding Veteran's Day. I am most appreciative for all who have served in our military. Many have returned home and continued to serve this country. Bless them all. Happy Veteran's Day. As Lee Greenwood sings, "God Bless the U.S.A."

We arrived in Shreveport to gorgeous weather. We deliberately avoided Dallas so we saw some beautiful parts of Texas we would have missed. Last year's trip through Dallas about did us both in. When a UPS truck nearly wiped out the side of the coach, missing us by less than the thickness of a sheet of paper, we knew we could not go that way again for a very long time. We felt like he should have offered to at least buy us dinner after he got so close!

After we had connected and put everything inside in order, we got out our computers. I connected to their WiFi in this park. I've never had a problem with anybody's WiFi except sometimes the computer can run slowly but nothing serious. But this time my computer has ceased to work. Therefore I have borrowed one of Jerry's so I could let you know where we are. However, I cannot post any pictures I took today. The pictures today were mainly of the beautiful trees. They are still in full color. I suspect the storm coming in tomorrow will change those colors drastically.

I will post what pictures I can as soon as I get my computer back in working order. We'll only be here two days so it is not a serious issue.

Again, Happy Veteran's Day to all our military personnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment