Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Colorado City, CO-May 28, 2013

Despite the insane wind we had a safe trip to Colorado City today. We think we will only be here a couple of days. We realized today that we have traveled the entire length of the I-25 corridor in this coach. That seems like an accomplishment to us. The coach has no comment. The scenery today changed so many times it became confusing. We saw dry desert, deep green forest, rolling hills, mountains, prairie land including a good looking coyote and a number of antelope. I took lots of pictures only to realize there were lots of bugs on the windshield. It happens. I'll still share a few.

Look at this humongous dust devil. As we found out these dusty things can be
very detrimental. One of them tore the roof off of a school in New Mexico. This one
was in the middle of nowhere with only cattle to get alarmed over it.
 
Out in the middle of Southern Colorado they cut through this chunk of rock to build I-25.
Why didn't they go around? Looks like it would have been cheaper rather than blast all that rock.
 
After going over Raton Pass at 7834 feet, this is the first glimpse of the
Sangre de Cristo (Blood of Christ) Mountains. They were pretty today.
 
 
This butte has to have a name but I don't know how to find out what it is.
I know the exit was called Butte Road. Duh. Now that I look at it, it appears to be some more of
that lava rock I am so crazy about.
 
We are tired tonight. We are happy to be safely settled in.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment