Tuesday, May 21, 2013

How Could I Forget?-May 21, 2013

Just outside of Flagstaff, there was a big digital sign on the side of the road. It read "Expect Delays 21 miles ahead Crash site". For a while we thought it was a joke. Then we came upon it. The truck in the crash was not present. There was a front-end loader that was scooping up huge bags of something. We smelled it at exactly the same moment and we both said "Onions!" We were able to conclude that a truck carrying 100 pound bags of onions had, in some manner, had an accident. The smell that bombarded the land barge was so strong I feared having to be close to anybody for the rest of the day. I was talking on the phone when we came upon the scene and immediately the "Onions!" blurb caused a stop in the conversation. I had to explain but I thought it was funnier when she did not know why I suddenly shouted Onions! Our clothes still smelled of onions when we arrived but there was nothing we could do. So do beware when you see a crash warning sign on the side of the road. One never knows what vegetables lurk ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment