Saturday, May 18, 2013

More Grand Canyon-May 18, 2013

Thank you in advance for letting me post a few more pictures of the beauty we saw in the Grand Canyon. I did not mention that the wind was blowing like crazy there, too. A 40 mph wind at 7400 feet in altitude tends to be chilly. But we didn't care. We wanted to see everything possible. At times the wind was so bad I had to lean against Jerry to keep the camera steady. Two guys from Florida asked me to take a picture of them and I could hardly stand still in the wind to take their picture. I think I got a good picture of them. Here are a few more for today.

Doesn't look real, does it?
 
The couple on the edge did not know I was taking their picture.
I had not desire to walk out on that ledge.
 
 
 
Taken through the window of a Tusayan Indian kiva at the east
entrance of the park. It was 4 stories tall and we climbed to the top.
 
What do you think this is? We saw this in the parking lot as we were leaving the Tusayan Indian kiva. It, or she, got on a motorcycle and zoomed out of the parking lot. Her helmet and her tutu match but
the red and black leather jacket is out of place.
 
 
We feel very blessed to have seen such extraordinary beauty this week. Words fail me but the memories will not. I wish you a very blessed and peaceful Sunday tomorrow.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment